While we’re certainly privy to incredible-looking interiors at Linen House, the location for our winter 2017 photo shoot proved to be quite the backdrop to a hugely eclectic bed linen and homewares collection. We share some highlights of this super-cool home.
Upon initially visiting this architect-designed residence in Melbourne’s bayside area of Brighton, we were not only charmed by how light-filled and spacious it felt inside, but also by the clever mid-century instalments throughout, starting with the façade’s prominent mustard-coloured door with a contrasting, oversized black door handle.
This expansive, single-level home boasts all the usual features of a residence worthy of a lifestyle shoot:
- high-end light fittings in every room
- polished concrete flooring
- an industrial-style kitchen with built-in concrete serving bench
- a built-in dining nook to the side of the kitchen with chic, leather-clad seating
- a relaxed, spacious living area
- numerous window views of feature moss gardens and greenery
- floor-to-ceiling sheer charcoal curtains throughout
- and large, steel-framed sliding glass doors that open onto a beautifully landscaped, green-filled outdoor area
Especially pleasing are the reclaimed brick walls within the kitchen and master bedroom along with smaller accents around the fireplace and the outdoor seating area. The red brickwork really adds an old-style warmth within a modern interior while the traditional brickwork pattern is an ornament in its own right (and equally wonderful to shoot our collection against).
Also of aesthetic prominence is an impressively sized pool and nearby spacious deck boasting a large, rustic-style fire pit enveloped by a beautifully curved, concrete bench, further enhancing the home’s overall tranquillity.
It goes without saying that every one of us who partook in this photo shoot experienced that supreme level of inspiration to create our dream winter setting.